Monday, July 29, 2013

An Old Man's Dream


An Old Man's Dream
Last night I dreamed of you again and heard you call to me,
And I went back in memory to the way things used to be...
Your eyes were full of caring and tender as your smile,
For we were young again, my love- for just a little while.
You reached across and touched my face, the way you used to do,
Then in my dream you whispered, "Ma Cushla, I love you."
And I stood tall, my head held high, unbent from years of toil,
For we were young again, my love- for just a little while.
When I awoke, alone and old, I left you in my dream,
Where you stay young and beautiful, in a world forever green.
Just dreams of you are all that's left - to ease life's final mile,
To see your face, to feel your touch... for just a little while.

No comments:

Popular Posts