Tuesday, July 30, 2013

got a dozen roses

got a dozen roses,
From a friend the other day,
But I only have one left,
For I gave them all away.

I gave one to my sister,
Who to me is very dear,
In hopes that it will bring to her
A little floral cheer.

I took one to a friend
Who's not feeling very well;
The flower or the visit
Which helped more ... I could not tell.

One went to a friend
I haven't known for very long;
She struggles ... so in some small way
I hope this helps her carry on.

The rest went to the ones
Who've helped me in so many ways;
They have been a cheerful presence
On my very dreary days.

The roses were so pretty
I just could not keep them all,
Except one single bud standing
Beautiful and tall.

My friend gave me the flowers
To help brighten up my day,
But the biggest joy I received
Was in giving them away

No comments:

Popular Posts