Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Flight of Love


The Flight of Love

My heart cries out for the feel of your touch
My eyes tear up for I miss you so much
Your memory stays with me all through the day
And I cherish the moment you come home to stay.

I contemplate moments with you and with me
I wonder how often we'll spend being free
To enjoy the short time that life has allowed
To love till eternity takes a sweet bow.

I know that the eagle must take to the skies
The loss for his company brings tears to my eyes
Letting go is so hard for a loved one to do
But the eagle must fly and be free to love too.

The time has come for the eagle to take flight
He hesitates slightly when a tear does alight
He knows that I love him and I'll always be here
To comfort and hold him whenever he's near.

No comments:

Popular Posts