Saturday, September 28, 2013

Every bit of your love Brings warmth to my heart

Every bit of your love
Brings warmth to my heart.
Because you are someone special,
I knew it from the start.

You give me a reason
The joy of each day.
Waking up each morning
Without a delay.

I think of what you might be doing
As early as it might be.
The sun shining through
The branches of a tree.

Reaching my window
The light seems so bright.
Bringing life to the flowers
Breaking the night.

My thoughts start wandering
As they often do.
But most of my thoughts
Are centered on you.

I think about the future,
And what it will be.
Me holding you,
And you holding me.

Hand in hand,
No matter the weather.
Our love will shine
As WE face life together.

This is the way
Our life WILL be.
The roots are planted,
And growing like a tree.

The only way to go
Is up and out,
I love you very much,
There is no doubt.

So I'll keep watering this tree,
A plant of love.
It will keep growing,
High and above.

So, I'll finish my thoughts
And finish this poem.
Thinking each morning,
You're one day closer to coming home.

No comments:

Popular Posts