Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Puzzle Of A Broken Heart

A Puzzle Of A Broken Heart

My heart is like a Whhore
For I've given it to many men.
Without questions, without expectations;
With only one exception:
The only thing I've ever asked for;
The only thing I've ever expected
Was for their love in return.
But without exception, without fail
Each one took my heart,
Crumpled it up, and threw it away.
Like my love was worthless, a simple piece of trash;
Something that was easily and frequently discarded.
So now pieces of my heart are floating around,
Like pieces of paper tumbling in the wind
And I have to gather them up.
But some of them will be lost forever;
Some of them I'll never be able to find again.
But those pieces that I do regain,
I will try to put back together with what remains
So my fragmented heart will once again be whole.
For now I realize that it isn't worthless
My love is valuable, priceless
And I'm saving it for someone who will treasure it;
Who will treat it like a special gift
That I've given to him and no one else.
And I hope that he will forgive me
For the pieces that I gave away before.

No comments:

Popular Posts