Monday, August 5, 2013

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted
like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have invited friends over to dinner
even if the carpet was stained or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room
and worried much less about the dirt when someone
wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to
my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a
summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my
children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while
watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,
wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said,
"Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more
"I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute,
look at it and really see it, live it, and never give it back.

Have A Fantastic Day
(Live well and make the most of today)

No comments:

Popular Posts