Friday, November 19, 2010

The Person I Long To Be


The day light breaks again
Another day has begun.
But still no sleep has come.
My body is weary
My mind overworked.
I lie awake thinking
But what I am unsure.
I need to break free from the cycle I endure.
Everyday is the same and the nights are undistinguished.
I feel as though I am being pushed along with the tide
Unable to break free from the everyday flow.
This is not me I need to change, before time takes over
And I am unable to change.
I need to be freed from the grasp of ordinary
And become that person I have always longed for.
Express myself in every way, and conquer the dreams as I lie awake.
Then I may fall asleep and put my mind to rest.
Make changes in my life and help those in need.
I would like to touch everyone's life in a positive way
And leave my mark on society before I fade away.

No comments:

Popular Posts