Saturday, November 20, 2010

I was wrong...so very wrong


I was wrong...so very wrong.

I thought you were special, different from the other guys,
But I was wrong, so very wrong about you...
It's plain to see why you have stopped messaging me,
even a 3 year-old kid could tell the reason.

I thought a guy like you, sees beyond one's looks,
But I was wrong, so very wrong about you...
If I was prettier, if I was more popular,
you would not hesitate to be my friend, would you?

I thought this friendship of ours could last,
But I was wrong, so very wrong about it...
I would give anything to keep this friendship,
but would it be of any use?

I thought you would be there to dry my tears,
But I was wrong, so very wrong about you...
A million tears I cry would not salvage this friendship,
so why should I go on crying day and night?
I thought you were the one for me, my soul mate,
But I was wrong, so very wrong about you...
Now that my heart had been shattered,
somehow I can see better, without this illusion.

Why did you let me fall so deeply in love with you,
without intending to catch me when I fell?
I deserved it, they say, but it's true,
because I was wrong, so very wrong about things...

Now that it's all over and done,
and time for me to move on without you,
all I hope for, is for you to remember me,
that is not too much to ask for, is it?

No comments:

Popular Posts