Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letting Go


Letting Go


Though I love you so much,
I want you to know,
though you mean everything to me,
I'm learning to let go.

My feelings for you will never change,
they just won't always seem as strong.
But things stopped working out long ago,
that's when everything went wrong.

How could I let this happen,
knowing what we shared couldn't last?
Please don't let me become part
of your unremembered past.

I remember how happy we were,
when we were boyfriend and girlfriend,
but it was so long ago
when those days came to an end.

I can't even remember how it felt,
being so far apart.
This separates us even more,
the distance tormenting my broken heart.

I've decided that I'll try,
try to find another.
But the feelings I had for you,
I'll never feel for any other.

There will always be a place in my heart,
holding on to memories of this-
the sweetest days I'll know,
the ones I'll always miss.

These broken-hearted feelings,
are something I wished never to know,
but I'm feeling them now,
?cause I love you and I'm letting you go...

No comments:

Popular Posts