Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So often people say they found their lover in their friend


So often people say they found their lover in their friend.
I just have to wonder if they?ve found a means to fit their end.
I thought I knew you for so long, but now I?ve come to see
That this man is a stranger, and you don?t remember me.

For the first time in my life I wanted someone I could keep-
To treasure me both heart and soul, to hold me in my sleep.
When I saw you I was overjoyed, my search at last concluded,
Who knew that I would come to find that I was just deluded?

Because as we grew together something still kept us apart,
I have your body and your mind, but I?ll never have your heart.
And I still wish that we could have that true love and forever,
But reality stole my happy ending, leaving me with never.

And if you asked, what would I say?
Would I dare to throw it all away?
Would yes be right? Or is it no?
But we never ask, so on we go.

And still I know that in the end,
You?re not my lover but my friend.
This is the truth that I despise
When I suddenly realize:

We?re not in love.

No comments:

Popular Posts