Monday, July 22, 2013

still remember that brisk and cool day

still remember that brisk and cool day,
that day we met and my fears were driven away.
Your perfect smile, your joyous laugh,
the way your eyes lit up when we talked about the past.
We would sit and talk for hours on end
about our secrets and our future plans.
Our friendship started to grow much more.
It became a feeling so strong we could not ignore.
You told me, it would be for the best, just wait and see.
Fate. You said, has brought you to me.
We believed those words, we thought they were true,
but I guess they weren't because now we are through.
Now your gone and now I see that it was all because of me.
I hurt so many, yet cared so much,
about the wrong person and felt the wrong touch.
I played a game with two hearts,
I thought I was strong, I'd never be torn apart.
I hope you forgive and I hope that you see,
those feelings I have are smothered inside of me.
Someday soon I hope you will find a love that will last you all of time.
You deserve the best in everything you do.
Maybe someday I will see you, with a smile on your face,
hand in hand with somebody new.
Until that day comes I will be here,
I will be your angel in the light that's so clear.
I'll look out for you when you need me the most,
I will always be around, I will not let you down.
I love you know and I always will, and even though your not mine,
my heart holds you still. on earth,
For this is surely it.
_________________

No comments:

Popular Posts