Friday, August 2, 2013

Everything You Do

Everything You Do


I was sitting here thinking
of the words i wanted to say, but they just wouldn't come out right-
so i found a differnet way

i got a piece of paper
and i wrote this poem for you,
but there's no way to thank-you
for everything you do.

for always being nice to me
and staying by my side,
and helping me fix my problems
and never leaving me behind.

for accepting my thoughts and feelings,
though you do not understand,
for never giving up on me
and being my best friend

for making me laugh-
and letting me cry
and saying you'd miss me
if i were to die

everything you mean to me
you could never know
in all the ways you've changed my life
i could never show

the way you take care of me
(you're my shining star)
and though it so increible
that's just the way you are

before i get to mushy
it's time for me to go
but before i leave this ink-filled page
there's one thing you should know

as long as we are living
no matter when or where
if you ever need me-
just call and i'll be there

i'll climb a thousand mountains
and swin a thousand sea...
anything to be there
'cause you been there for me.

No comments:

Popular Posts