Friday, August 2, 2013

Splinters

Splinters


When setting suns hide behind trees
And summer glows like fire
And the wind feels like it has the
Desires to inspire
When winter clouds hide pale moons
And leaves gather in streets
You're more than just a passing thought
Or bad memory to me
When I wake from a daytime dream
And find it dark outside
And no one is around at all
A house that's all too quiet
When the hour is just right so
The city slightly sleeps
Your name is more than a byword
Or bad memory to me
When raindrops rap upon rooftops
Familiar rythmic taps
And records play and seem like they
Speak just to me perhaps
When photos fade and look the same
As thought's faint imagery
You're more than an obscure picture
Or bad memory to me
When forked roads split kindred souls
As children grow to men
The stranger far in the distance
Was once called my best friend
When I'm forgetting old faces
Confusing past with dream
I'll think of yours the way it was
Before the tragedy

No comments:

Popular Posts